Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Canberra and Boston Marathons 2009

Last year I said I would try to do this year's Canberra marathon, but in the end I had to drop it due to things like having a baby. Fortunately WA was represented by famous CR StellaBella who was running her first marathon. She did really well to finish in 4:54 and I think she surprised herself. There have been videos on YouTube of some CRs finishing, which I have loved watching, and the presentation ceremony. CR's own Dave Criniti won the men's marathon in 2:26 I think. 

On the other side of the pond the Boston Marathon took place on Monday and I managed to watch it live on a webcast. Ain't the Internet great. Deriba Merga took out the mens in 2:08 (think he came 4th in Beijing Olympics) with the American Ryan Hall in 3rd. Australia's (and another CR) Lee Troop came a brilliant 13th. There were some more CRs there, including djc42 who I think finished in 3:02. 

I just love watching and reading anything about marathons at the moment, trying to absorb it all before July.

No comments:

Post a Comment