Saturday, April 25, 2009

Anzac Day 8k

Well today was not meant to be a run day, according to my Hal Higdon Novice Marathon plan. But the family were with friends, and I had volunteered to help fix a friend's computer up in Clarkson. That didn't take long so I took the train back to Joondalup and decided to sneak in an 8k run. Well it was either that or do the dishes! That's one of the things I like about running - you can just up and go. I'm lucky 'cos I have a pretty good regional park 200m away, Yellagonga. I did the 8k in 40:33, and was pleased to see increased pace all the way to the end, doing 4:30 pace for the final km. Again I didn't warm up till about halfway. This seems to be a recurrent theme with me, and something to be aware of, especially for 10k races where I may need a longer warm up.

No comments:

Post a Comment