Sunday, July 26, 2009

Run for Gold 10k – New PB!

10km – 46:39

Today the weather was perfect, nice and cool and I knew I had the chance to break my sub-47 bogeyman. The previous day I ran 18k and felt strong (I was actually meant to do 26k for marathon training but didn’t feel up to it). I had a nice warm-up for 15 mins which I think made all the difference. As we set off at 8am I made sure to have a decent first km, as I normally start out way to slow. I was pleased to do it in 4:52 and from then on I knew all I had to do was keep the pace slightly faster. After that my 1k splits varied between 4:25 and 4:43, with the fastest being my last km. It’s always good to have something in reserve for that last km, I felt I paced the race pretty much perfectly. Last year I did this in 49:40 so a big 3 minute improvement.

My right leg is feeling a bit sore around the knee so a day of rest tomorrow.

r4g

1 comment:

  1. Marathon training certainly helps to smash down the old 5 and 10km pbs. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete