Monday, July 20, 2009

C2S Marathon – 6 Weeks to go

I pulled up pretty well from the Perth Marathon two weeks ago. I took 4 days off running then I hit the road again, training for the next Marathon on 30th August. This is the inaugural City to Surf marathon and I’m very excited about it as it promises to be something special. However it is much more hilly than Perth…so my rather lame 4:25 may not be bettered, but I certainly will be having a go.

Last week I did 43km and this week I’ve started off with a 19k long run. Met Knoddie half way who mentioned the Northern Suburbs Running Group had a 7am start at the Botanic Golf Club. I should make the effort next week to join them.

I’m basically following Hal Higdon’s 8-week between marathons plan. All going well so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment